Schedule: Typically Monday through Saturday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM but occasionally up to seven (7) days per week
Primarily responsible for the repair, service, and maintenance of heavy construction equipment in the field environment. This will include basic repair knowledge and troubleshooting of electrical, hydraulic, powertrain, and engine components.
Regular Job Duties
- Perform a variety of skilled duties which may involve inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on general heavy construction equipment and heavy trucks
- Read, understand, and fill out service-related documents and paperwork in a timely manner
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections to ensure maintenance activities on performed in a timely manner
- Clean work vehicle and work area as necessary to maintain a safe work environment
- Use familiar knowledge of the construction industry including experience operating and repairing heavy equipment
- Read and interpret specifications and manuals
- Diagnose and repair a wide variety of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical equipment
- Safely use hand and power tools, equipment, and diagnostic devices
- Communicate effectively with vendors, supervisors and equipment operators
- Exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and a clear understanding of equipment safety
- 2 to 3 years experience as a heavy equipment/diesel mechanic, preferably in the field
- Requires the ability to lift, push or pull and move up to 70 pounds and must be capable of climbing, kneeling, twisting and bending in a varied environment
- Must have own hand tools
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment and assigned other task.
- Experience operating cranes and welding
- Be able to work with high level of physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature
- Have manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials
- Work outdoors with exposure to changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training
Location/Region: Corpus Christi, TX