Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The General Accountant is responsible for daily cash recap, maintenance of credit cards, payment of non-purchase order vendors, maintenance of vehicle registration, and fixed asset register.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare daily deposit and summary of daily cash activity.
- Prepare checks daily/weekly, as required to operate.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Maintain credit cards and verification of approval by users.
- Work with Fleet Manager on DMV issues.
- Maintain/Reconcile miscellaneous bank accounts.
- Track and maintain prepaid accounts.
- Provide support to Assistant Controller and Controller on miscellaneous projects and reports.
- Maintain lease schedule and lease payments.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in finance, preferably with a union employer
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 10-key by touch
- Proficient understanding of accounting processes and principles
- Experience with a large ERP system preferred
- Effective analytical skills
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Location/Region: Fremont, CA