Purchasing Manager-Multifamily - 1902403
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Purchasing Manager-Multifamily. The right candidate will obtain and maintain best qualified and best-priced products and labor contracts to build apartments; manage and direct Purchasing Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage all aspects of purchasing for the multifamily division
• Manage and supervise all Purchasing Staff, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
• Bid architectural plans to subcontractors and vendors
• Obtain quality work at a competitive price
• Oversee the hiring of contractors, suppliers, and laborers
• Interpret architectural drawings and specifications to determine project requirements (specifications)
• Maintain computer databases (pricing, estimates, items, etc.)
• Respond to phone calls from potential new vendors as well as field staff
• Develop purchasing and logistic strategies on a division/regional/national level
• Identify alternate sourcing opportunities for cost savings and/or quality enhancements
• Report to the National Purchasing Manager on the state of division operations and the impact of purchasing
• Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
• Ability to travel overnight
• Create budgets for upcoming projects
• Manage and review costs of existing projects
- Supervises 2 or more employees
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
• Three to five years related experience and/or training
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
• Proficiency with MS Office and email
• Ability to sit for majority of 8-hour workday; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision
• The noise level is generally moderate
• Strong communication skills
• Creative thinking and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
• Medical, Vision and Dental
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Flex Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder.
Follow us on
social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with
us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
: Home Builder
: Aug 12, 2019, 1:00:00 AM
Location/Region: Orlando, FL